L'Oreal Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation




I am a creature of habit when it comes to my make up. I am also a lover of the cheap and cheerful due to the adulting world taking all of my money for stupid things like rent and utility bills. However when you get absolutely wasted and lose your handbag containing your foundation and eye liner you have to get what is available.

I live quite far from town so taking a trip after work would be useless because everything would be closed. However I didn’t need to go to town. Supermarkets have make-up stations now (stations...is that what you would call them?...probably not) so I thought I would simply walk in and find one of the few foundations I am a fan of (usually costing around £7 or £8). Of course when I got to the supermarket all of the make-up stations had been close apart from L'Oreal. There was an option of 3 different foundations and I didn’t particularly like any of them, but I was sick of everyone saying I looked ill at work so I picked this little gem!

Retailing at £10 it's not much more than I usually pay, although as I was angry at the time this seemed like the end of the world. I bought this in shade 125 – Natural Rose. I am a very pale person but I find getting the lightest shade is always to white for me. Even though I am pretty pale my skin tone is more pink than white. I am so happy with the it matches my own skin tone better than any other foundation I have used before.

I am used to a foundation that comes out quite thick, like a cream. I like a full coverage. So when I saw this looked quite thin I was worried the coverage wouldn’t be what I wanted. I would say this leaves a medium coverage but it is very build-able and it didn’t take much more to get the coverage I am comfortable with. Adding extra layers of foundation always gives me fear that it looks a bit cakey or leaves a mask., but it left such a natural look, almost like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all. I did however have to stop using my moisturiser as I found if I applied this over the top it went all crumbly! I blame the moisturiser here not the foundation.

I work in an office so sweating off my make-up isn’t really a problem I have, however after a whole day I have always found I look a bit dishevelled when I get home and the foundation has just fell off of my face leaving all of the covered spots and black rings visible. Working solely with men I don’t want to be reapplying make-up all day. This foundation has changed the game for me, getting home and still feeling like I look half decent is great, I might need a top up on certain parts but for the most part the imperfections are still disguised with the help of the foundation.

The absolute nightmare of losing my make-up along with my handbag still gives me a cringey feeling in my stomach but I am actually glad I tried this foundation. I would have never have paid the extra few pounds to try this!


I may be obsessed with make-up but I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to write a beauty post, so I am hoping my very limited technical knowledge was enough to do this product justice!!

No comments